9.25.2012

MIA

So I realize I have been a little MIA these last several weeks. It's not that I didn't have anything to say, because let's face it, I always have something to talk about, but life has just been a whirlwind. Let's recap, shall we?

First of August - Grandma was put in the hospital and gave everyone a scare. Flew down I540 and spent a few days home.

Early August - Successfully planned a surprise 30th birthday party for my bestie....all the way in Tuscaloosa. This was almost mission impossible but luckily I recruited a close friend of the bestie and had some help. Me and my boys loaded up and drove the short {longestdriveofmylifewithchildren4andunder} drive, arrive in the wee morning on a Friday and taking off in the wee morning 2 days later. It was one of the craziest trips ever and I only got to spend just a few hours with her but I'd do it all over again :) love her so.





 Mid August - Work trip to Denver....where I happily extended my stay a few days for a little girls trip. The 3 of us decided a few years ago that we'd start doing annual trips, we previously met up in Branson the last 2 years but since I was in the Rockies and one of them lives there and the other has parents there, we decided to do it there. We had so much fun!!! I have known these girls since grade school and it is such a blessing to still keep in touch after all these years....even if we only talk on the phone 3 times a year, we always pick up right where we left all. True friendship, y'all.


Late August/First of September - Grandma finally has a diagnosis, Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma....Stage 4. Made another trip home for a few days. She is a tough ol' bird, I'll tell ya that.

September 7, 2012 approximately 9:40 am....this time and date will always be etched in my head.....I will explain in tomorrow's post, because it deserves a day just for that. You will need a tissue though, so consider yourself warned (it has nothing to do with Grandma! Praise the Lord!)

Mid September - Viva Las Vegas. Another work trip. Seriously, what is the deal with work?! I hardly ever travel and then it's WHAM, here are 2 trips we need you on in the next 4 weeks. People in Vegas are interesting, ya know.....they don't care how they are dressed, what's hanging out (everything!!!!) or how they act. It's kind of sad actually.....anyways, moving on.

And here we are today, already the last week of September.....I really would appreciate if life would just slow down a little, but I doubt that will happen since we have a certain boy's 5th (did I really just type that#??!!) party to plan and then the holidays are upon us. Speaking of said little boy, I cannot, for the life of me, get him to make a decision on a costume for Halloween! Spiderman, Batman, Superman, Red Power Ranger....he changes his mind every.single.day. Usually whatever he picks for Halloween, he wants for his birthday party theme as well.....so that means I can't even start planning that until the little monkey makes up his mind.

On a really exciting note, Big Bill and I are finishing up some repairs around the old house so we can get ready to put it up on the market. A little nervous about it...so hopefully it'll go well. We have some land in mind already and we are getting some more details on it, but if all goes well, we should be able to purchase the land in the next month or so and then just wait for the house to sell before we start building. Lord knows we can't afford a 3rd mortgage (1st mortgage = home, 2nd mortgage = daycare for 2 ha!)