11.09.2012

Don't Blink


Today, we celebrate Parker's 5th birthday. How is that even remotely possible? I know it's totally cliche, but it soooooo feels like yesterday we were at the hospital with him. Last night, I just happen to still be awake around 10:30 (strange, I know) and thought, wow, 5 years ago at this time I was in labor.....a few hours later at 4:26 AM, he makes his appearance. My kids are someone who I would seriously go to battle for, I would rather feel pain than to watch them in pain, I would rather lose all my limbs and go blind if it meant to save their limbs or go blind. I mean, that is love right? Kind of reminds me of a certain man, JC. He loved with all he had, he endured pain and suffering for me, for you, for all his children. And I would do the same. So thankful for my salvation and for the honor to be called a mother.


We have started the day off pretty good, a room full of balloons for the birthday boy. And birthday donuts. 



And last night, he helped me make a fruit pizza for his friends at school today. I have to be honest and say that I have never made one before. I used a recipe from Pioneer Woman for the cream cheese mixture and bought the sugar cookie pre-made. So hopefully it'll taste good....I'm sure to a bunch of 5 year olds, they'd eat anything, right? Ha!



Now, let's talk a walk through memory lane, shall we?














Happy Birthday lil man!