7.27.2012

My Name

So I find it a little ironic

don't you think? it's like raaaaaaiiinnnnn on your wedding day....

that the title of my blog is Run Mama Run and I have just started running again. Last year, 3 of my friends and myself started running twice a week....at 5:30am....in the freezing cold. I mean FREEZING! Single digit weather people, ice on the road, snow on the ground. We were hard core. We did one race with each other and then by last summer, all started dropping like flies. I continued to run 3-4 times a week and this spring, I was training for my first half marathon. Throughout this whole time, I was having some minor back pain but continued to run. Well I finally listened to my body and stopped. I was so disappointed in myself because I was this close  to being ready for the half. Anyways, I have taken the last few months off and have just started running again these last few weeks. I was actually surprised at how quickly my pace came back....not exact but it'll get there. I have enlisted another run buddy and we are ready for some races. Here are a few that may be on the agenda

Lewis & Clark Urban Adventure - Springdale - 10.20.12
Girls on the Run - Bentonville - 11.17.2012
Fayetteville Half Marathon - Fayetteville - 12.09.12

The first one is like a mud run/warrior dash and I have always wanted to do one of those! I will probably do the 10K for the GOTR race and obviously a half marathon in Fayetteville. I feel like this would set me up for a sprint triathlon in the spring. Anyone crazy enough to join me on one of these????

Here is a great link to view upcoming races, by any state. I would definitely check them out and contact someone to make sure a date hasn't changed, I'm not sure how often this gets updated.

AND if you are crazy and are interested in joining me, let me know! :)

I am mainly putting this in writing to hold myself accountable. While I have maintained my weight this year and a half, I have actually grown to like running and I miss it. And I actually feel better when I do run. So if you see me, please ask me if I ran today so you can hold me accountable too!