7.10.2012

Peyterbug's 2nd Birthday - Veggie Tales Style!

How on earth is it July 10th already?!  These last weeks week have been jammed packed with birthday parties, family visiting, 4th of July, and my family reunion. First things first, my little man's birthday party.

Here are his invites! I think they turned out SO CUTE! I utilized my resources for this little party, a friend from back home is a graphic designer, so I just emailed her what I was looking for and the information, and wall-la! Here is the link to her facebook page, if anyone is interested.

You can't have a party (or any get together) in NWA without ordering some of Robin's cookies. I mean, really! She is so talented! Sadly she is taking a cookie break but hopefully will be open for business very soon! Check out her blog!

I didn't get to fancy for the cupcakes. I was actually going to make them (insert hysterical laughing now) however another friend (isn't it GREAT to have friends?!!?) had offered up her baking talents to another friend who is going on a mission trip. What better why to spend my $ by helping others and getting what I need? Well played self, well played.

Ahhhhh......our photo booth! This was what I was most excited about! We had all the little kids (and some big ones too!) get their pictures made with Bob and Larry! They all thought it was so cute! My sister was kind enough to take pictures for me and I am working on getting them put on magnets and sending them out to everyone who came as a little keepsake. My good friend Caryn is oober talented, I mean oober. Whenever we start building our dream home in 2076, she will be my painter. We may be bounded to some ol' wheel chairs but she is who I want. She is THAT GOOD!!!!

Now the real question is, what to do with Bob and Larry???? As of now, they are just chilaxen in the garage.


This next picture just CRACKS.ME.UP! There is no denying this little mini me is not my child, #1, he's a picky eater. And #2, he loves his sugar! The parentals say this is me in a male version. :)

Sister forgot to snap some pics of the goody bags, but I made little Veggie Tales Coloring books, threw in some crayons, a glow bracelet, stickers and some peas and tomatoes (red and green jelly beans).

Just another party idea if you are doing Veggie Tales, I was going to have cauliflower, peas, tomatoes, and celery to eat....which is code for popcorn, red skittles, green skittles and green licorice. But since we had pizza/cookies/cupcakes, I figured that was too much food for everyone so I nixed that. Nixed....get it...haha...ok, anyways. But just some additional ideas if your little people are Bob and Larry's biggest fans.


We are so thankful for our friends and family who helped us party vegetable style! It was very laid back, I planned not one game because we are dealing with a bunch of 2 year olds! So the kids just ran around and played at the park. After the party was over, we came home, got a few shut eyes, and opened gifts from the family. It was a great weekend with my loves.