7.12.2012

Thankful Thursday's - Mi Familia

How convenient that my Thankful Thursday's post is about my family....and I just got back from my family reunion :). Pretty convenient, I think so!

The Pitts' have been getting together on/around the 4th of July since before I entered this world. Grandpa Pitts' birthday was actually July 4, so I'm sure it started as a birthday celebration with all the kids. And when I say all the kids, please note that means 15 kids. Plus spouses. Plus kiddos. Yep, big family.

Here's my Granny and Grandpa celebrating 50 years of marriage....Grandpa passed away a few years after that, I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade.


After both of my grandparents passed away, our reunions kind a went capooie. Some of us would still get together for a Thanksgiving meal or two, but no more reunions. I was pretty bummed about it because despite the fact of how large our family was, we were all pretty close. Thankfully, a few years ago, reunions have resumed. It is a little different than what it once was, some of the kids are no longer with us, family drama, people moving farther away, etc, but I am very thankful that some of the brothers and sisters still make it a point to head to the lake.

Side note, there were 12 boys ad 4 girls, one of the boys was still born so my grandparents raised 15 kids. Good.ness. And oh the stories I have heard......

Anyways, I'm digressing.

So this last weekend, was my family reunion. Originally, it was Big Bill's year for the reunion (we only do one family a year since they are back to back and BOTH in OK) so we weren't going to attend. Well last minute, we decided that me and the boys will go because hubby had to work and I'm off @ 2 on Friday's - yay summer hours! So we loaded up and headed out. It was only a 2.5 hr drive from us, not horrible. We had a great time at Jellystone Park at Lake Eufaula, not one kid said they were bored. It was magical. Parker LOVED all the water inflatables, I kind a felt like I was on an episode of Wipe Out with everything they had down there.



I didn't get a ton of pictures, actually I only got a couple with my trusty iPhone. A certain someone was glued to the ol' hip nonstop so it was a little hard to do anything......Speaking of a certain someone, he did his best to keep up with the biggin's, as long as I stayed in his line of sight, but finally crashed for a nap on Saturday.


 Taking a break from the sun and enjoying snack time....check out my dad's attire, Wranglers and slide on shoes. Yup, that's my Pop!


 He insisted on wearing Parker's "sun goggles" like this.

 And here he is showing us how to properly eat watermelon. He said it was cold. Haha.


It was a great weekend with my family and I am very thankful for all of them, even the ones with all the drama :)