10.29.2012

Crossfit is no joke y'all!

Yesterday, I experienced my first CrossFit work out. I have been wanting to join for awhile now so I finally looked it up. They offer 3 sessions for free, to let you try it out and then you sign up. And y'all, this was no joke. I can honestly say that I have never felt the urge to puke after a work out until now. Not even running bleachers or suicides during basketball practice back in the day. I distinctly remember running 20+ suicides after a ball game one night b/c that is how many free throws we missed during a game and lost. Then we had to practice free throws the next practice......all.practice.long.

Anyways, where was I?

Oh yea.....puking....

So before we got started, my new BFF ran through all the drills/circuits with me. And seriously, I thought to myself, is this it? Well Praise the Lord I didn't say that out loud. Because I would have been immobile from that point on. I really like the concept of CrossFit so I am pretty excited to start it....a little demented, eh?

Here is how my work out went (and here is why I am barely able to move today)
  • 30 wall balls (stand arms width from wall, hold a 15 lbs medicine ball chest level, squat and when you coming to a standing position, throw the ball up, aiming for a target on wall)
  • run 1 mile
  • 30 ring up's (can't remember the technical term but you hold onto some rings, walk your body down until you are parallel to floor and pull up)
  • run 1 mile
  • 35 burpees (or up/downs....everyone else's goal was 50, but since it was my first day, BFF said to do 35....well I did those, then he walked over and said, ok, do 50. I love a good challenge, especially if it means me belly flopping to the ground and humiliating myself in front of 30 people....I didn't really belly flop, but I totally could have)
I told my new BFF that I could run all day long, it's this other stuff that I haven't done in a while....but man oh man, I loved the feeling afterward!

So I guess you can say I am hook.....I am dying to have arms like Jillian Michael....that is my ultimate goal. And if I can get the rest of my body that toned, I guess that is just the icing on the cake!!!!

Mmmmm....cake......