10.05.2012

Narnia

Ok. I really didn't mean to leave y'all hangin after writing about my girl Boomer. So sorry. I blinked and the week flew by. Work has been madness. Complete madness. I think someone in my family has had an event almost every night this week, and for a homebody like me, that is too much. And last night, after I got home from a ladies event at my church, I had to get Parker all packed up for his road trip with his Poppy to STL. They are going to spend the next few days with Sis. Parker was especially excited to come to Mommy's work and eat donuts (this is a tradition, thanks to VBS back in the summer) before we met Pops. We are having a bike event tomorrow and have a whole bunch of "swag" stuff to give away and one of the guys I work with found a pair of sunglasses for him.


On Wednesday nights, Parker has Awana's at church and I usually go walking with babycakes. I asked Billy to go this time with me and he said sure......afterwards he also said that he wouldn't walk with me ever again. It was just a few miles....and we walked. Come on Bill! Found Peyton a little piggy to rest on....

Have I mentioned that Parker wants a Chronicles of Narnia birthday party? And he wants to be King Peter for Halloween. Two difficult acts to conquer, but I was able to mark the costume off my list, thanks to ebay. The party is going to be a daunting task though.....on my list of  to-do's are
  • hire 2 sword fighters (I even tried to hire some fencing folks and they don't allow that, but for a small fee of $350 I can have the party there. thanksbutnothanks)
  • if I can't find any sword fights, maybe a couple of high schoolers would work? After all, this is for a FIVE year old's party, surely they won't know the difference?
  • cake - all Parker wants is a sword and shield on the cake. DONE!
  • Invitations - already emailed my ideas over to my uber talented friend Lindsey from back home.
  • Decorations - somehow, I have to turn my home into Narnia, and I have to do this on some sort of budget.....not really sure how much is in that so called budget, but I should probably figure that out. Even though he wants everything from the 2nd movie (with Prince Caspian) I think I will still make my entry way a wardrobe for everyone to come through.....and I will also have some foam swords and shields and crowns for the kids....
What do y'all think????