4.24.2012

Date Night and Cocktail Dress

This weekend, the parentals made a visit. They had a "lay over" on their way to STL...

lay over = grandson's T-Ball game...

which also  = DATE NIGHT!

Me and my man were able to enjoy dinner AND a movie. Cha Ching! We felt like we won the lottery! I love my babies to death, but there is just something about being able to finish your meal in one setting, while it's still warm, ya know!? Saturday we had a jam packed day with ball games, lunch, birthday party.....so we seriously could not leave the house fast enough after that eventful day. I am so grateful for my parents!!!

We went and watch the Hunger Games....I know, I know, it's been out FO-EVE!!!!! But life is a little busy these days. I have to be honest, I was a little disappointed with the movie....it was still good but I'd rather read the book 1000 x over. Reading the books, I was totally for Team Peetra......however, once I laid my eyes on Gail, I had a different change of heart! So now, I'm on the fence. Oh the decisions.....

Sunday, after the parentals left, we went shopping. I had some CP's "cash" to use and I needed to go dress shopping. Not just any dress, but a cocktail dress. My first stop was Dillard's, where I was a little confused with the whole cocktail dress/prom dress. Most of the short dresses they had, were puked all over with gems and sequins. And since I don't want to feel like I stepped into my time machine and warped back to high school, I moved on.....

Next stop was WHBM where I think I hit the jackpot! Again, they didn't have my size, but I tried on a bigger size to "get the feel" of it....what do y'all think? Wait, why I am asking since I have disable the comments????? Ha, so never mind. Anyways, here is dress numero uno




So as a back up, I went ahead and order this one in 2 different sizes. I seriously think that I'll be able to wear this again, dress it up for my event or make it casual with some flat sandals and a belt. I'm also rummaging thru a couple of friends' closet to see if they have anything. My bestie from Tuscaloosa is flying up to come with me, they were planning a visit "home" anyways, so she just arranged it with this. I am so excited for us to get all dressed up and have some fun. Since obviously we can't shop together, we just created the first virtual shopping experience by sending each other photo's of what we try on. She is also going to FaceTime me (if she can) today with her options. What can I say, we try and make the best of the situation :)