4.13.2012

I just can't give them back......

An old sorority sister posted this link the other day about fostering. I don't know about y'all, but I am was one of those people who said "I just couldn't give them back" after reading this article, I felt really convicted on those words and how foster parents may receive them. As I have mentioned before, I have always had a heart for adoption. I used to volunteer some of my time to the local children's shelter and would get so depressed in the evenings just thinking about all those kids in there who didn't have a mama or daddy to hug. I used to think that fostering was/is difficult because you never know how long you'd have that child in your home. Now, after reading a foster's mother POV, I can't see how someone would not want to foster.While you may only have that child for a day, or month or years, they still deserve to be loved on and shown what it is like to have a family. I know not everyone is called to foster and/or adopt, but there is still something you can do. You can pray, you can volunteer your time, you can help out financially, and you can pray some more......


once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
proverbs 24:12