4.19.2012

Thankful Thursday's- $0.75

Last Saturday, my little slugger had his first T-Ball game. It totally did not go as planned (what is a plan when you have children?). We started the day with haircuts and bubblegum and ended in tears and grounded for life.

As we were approaching the field, Big P starts in, " I don't wanna play baseball. I don't like baseball. I want to go swimming. blah blah blah." I explained to him that he loves playing baseball (at least 30 minutes beforehand he did) and he was going to have so much fun and that we'll go swimming with our friend Wells AFTER baseball AFTER lunch and AFTER a nap. He didn't follow me.

<------Exhibit A: Parker and his BFF Braxton

By then, we had made it to the bench and I knelt down so we could have a 'serious talk'......which lasted about 2.7 minutes because I just happen to look up and saw my sweet Babycakes walking around on the field with Big P's helmet on. Backwards. Thankfully, the "players" were just stretching but still. Sigh......

Long story short, I dished out 2 spankings and "you're grounded for life" and made him at least set on the bench since he didn't want to play. I wasn't upset that he didn't want to play (hello, he's only 4) but I was upset with his attitude. His Coach walked over to him and tried talking to him and he gets up and walks to the end of the bench and sits down. Where did my sweet, well-mannered child go?!

About half way through the game, I finally had a player on the field!

So I'm still sulking like a baby about that event 5 hours later. Billy had to go to WM later that evening and took Parker. He came walking in with his hands behind his back and said, I have something for you Mommy. I barely even looked up from my phone (stupid Words with Friends) and said, what. I knew it was something from the quarter machines because I gave him some change from his spending jar to get something. I just assumed it was another Super Hero tattoo or candy. Ya know what you get when you assume something, don't cha?????

Anyways.

I was presented with Exhibit B:


I put my stupid phone down and said, you got this for me? He (very proudly) nodded his head.

The flood gates come open.

Billy laughs uncontrollably.

Parker is swaying from side to side.

I am thankful for $0.75 and my very unselfish 4 year old.

I am also thankful that the Lord doesn't sulk and hold grudges like a pathetic 30 year old does.

PS. So if you see me walking around with my high-dollar-red-heart-map-necklace and my little 4 year in tow, please do not laugh at me.