4.12.2012

Thankful Thursday

Have you ever tried making a list of things you're thankful for? I mean, I think I'm a thankful person but then when I think about the things I'm thankful for, some of them just seem insufficient....side note, that was a whole lotta T's......here are some things (and explanation of said things so y'all don't think I'm too cray-cray)

*I am thankful for my salvation...John 14:6

*I am thankful for my health.....did y'all know that while my husband was unemployed, we did not make 1 trip to the doctor???? Not 1!

*I am thankful for my church family, the people we have gotten to know and love mean so much to us and I am very thankful for each and every one of them

*I am thankful for water. Clean. Pure. Water. I almost always drink tap water, even if it tastes a little funny.....it just reminds me of how fortunate we are to have clean water when there are thousands upon thousands who die from thirst

*I am thankful for my little monkeys. They keep us on our toes, especially Babycakes. Sometimes it's a miracle of God that we get out the door by 7:15 and by the time I get to the office, I am so stressed and frazzled but then I stop and think that some families would love to be in my position, they would love to attempt to put a jacket on a 21 month flopping around like a fish outta water, they would love to argue with the 4 year old why he can't take Big Buzz into his school (doesn't fit in his cubbie...but don't fret, we have Little Buzz that does a remarkable job in Big Buzz's place).

*I am thankful for my family. All of them. Someone asked me the other day when was the last time I talked to my mom...I replied yesterday. What about your dad? This weekend. And you sister? A few days ago......I seriously talk to all of them on a weekly basis and I love it. LOVE

*I am thankful for my job and it's flexibility.....when I was at WM, there was hardly any flexibility and it was SO HARD! I'm also thankful that my boss is a Christian....how many people could say that?

*I am thankful for my husband......there are a few times where we want to ram each other's head into a brick wall and then most of the time, I am so glad he's mine. Marriage is hard work and I think I downplayed how much work it really is at first. This last year and a half we have gone through a lot and it was definitely sink or swim mode........very thankful that we are both good swimmers :)