4.11.2012

Puzzle Fundraiser

Awhile back, my good friend Kelly did a SUYL Adoption Fundraiser Ideas. Adoption is very near and dear to my heart and I pray that one day, that door will be open for us. Anywho, one of the ideas was a puzzle fundraiser. You sell a puzzle piece for $10 (or whatever amount you want) and that person/family gets their name on the puzzle. Once you get all the pieces sold, you put it together and frame it and viola! You have a great little reminder of all those who helped/prayed for you on your journey.

I filed this idea back in my little memory bank....which if it's not a number or some sort of data, I tend to forget it by the next day....so I pinned it on my Pinterest board :)

Anyways...moving on....

One of Hubby's BFF's daughter (did you follow that?) had to undergo open heart surgery at the sweet age of 11! ELEVEN PEOPLE! Can you imagine?! The night we found out, we just started talking about it, about them, what they mean us, etc and the puzzle fundraiser came to mind. I said, how awesome would it be for J to receive this puzzle and know that these people prayed over her during this time? So I started emailing, thankfully hubby's BFF just started a private FB group to keep all family/friends updated with her status so I had to email each one individually to get their personal email accounts and start my own little group without BFF knowing about this. We wanted to do this as a surprise to their family. Let me just say that these people were so awesome and open to this idea. We were able to give the puzzle to her this last weekend and she loved it. She saw her teachers names, neighbors, church friends, her family......I loved doing this for her. Hubby was even able to get a hold of some of their HS buddies and they gladly donated.

 Here is J and her puzzle
We are very blessed to have them in our lives. J has an older bro E who I didn't snag a picture of but he is seriously the best big brother to her. Here is her momma, I love, love, love this lady! We get along so well and she is so sweet and caring!
After we meet up with them, we picked up Big P. I was so excited to see him! It was about a 2.5 hour drive home and Babycakes someone screamed the whole way home......ok, ok, he only cried for 2 hours and 25 minutes, we had a brief pause with the tears. He is just not a good car rider, we had a movie going, toys, drinks, snacks....nothing could keep him happy. Big P even sang Jingle Bells (according to Big P, this is the magical song-I beg to differ). Hopefully it'll get better but every time we go to OK, it's pretty much like this. We actually thought about going to Houston this summer (someone has requested some beach time and it's not Mama!) to visit family but I honestly don't think we could survive it if we drove......