5.09.2012

NWA Finest Professionals

A few months ago, I was nominated for NWA Finest Youngest Professionals (what a mouth full!!!). I was one of twenty that was selected out of hundreds in our community based on community involvement and your career today. I committed to raise $2,000 to help find a cure for CF. And on Friday, they held a fashion show and silent auction to recognize all the honorees. I invited my bestie to come with me as this was totally not in Big Bill's comfort zone. We had the best time, I took off on Friday and we spent the whole day with hanging out, shopping, getting mani/pedi's, eating.....it was just like back in the day. We even got our make up done and the lady was like, how do you know each other? We both said,

5th Grade. Mrs. Woods home room :)



Anyways, so we got all dolled up and headed out. It was cocktail attire but strangely enough I saw a few cotton, summer dresses and flip flops as well as sequined party dresses that would be awesome fish bait. Since they recognized all the honorees, that meant we had to walk the cat walk.


....on the cat walk...yea, the cat walk baby...I shake my little tush on the cat walk...

Oh yea.

I totally strutted my stuff (and didn't fall- thank you Jesus) and made it back to my little "x" on the stage and eventually back to me seat. Our hubs were teasing us that we couldn't hang with the cool crowd and we had to prove them wrong. So after the fashion show was over, we were making our way to the "after party" and I see lights. Not just head lights. POLICE CAR LIGHTS!

WHAAAAAAA!

I was stopped at a stop light and he just flips them on! Surely he was not after me!!!!

Well, he was.

So I pulled over to the right hand lane (after I signal of course) and turned down a side street (again, using my signal) and the little turkey is still behind me.

Office Kissinger informed me that my brake light was out! Of all the things! I just knew we were going to jail and the honey was going to bail me out, kids in tow......horrible. I was seriously freaking out. To make it worse, a back up squad car was called! No lie!!!!! They handed out swag bags at the event, which happened to be BLACK so we had 4 of them in my back seat and boy, those cops were looking HARD! I'm sure they thought we got all dressed up and hit up a liquor store. Talk about stressful!!!!

So anyways, we made it to the after party and stayed a whole 15 minutes. It just wasn't our thing. So we decided to go eat, which IS our thing ;) and made it home around midnight. See, we still got it!



Saturday, Poppy made a visit to watch his little all-star hit a couple home runs.....that also gave us a free baby sitter on Saturday night to go to a friends' 30th birthday party. It was karaoke style and you better believe that I sung me some tunes! I seriously thought Big Bill was going to walk out in the middle of my debut!!!! I can't carry a tune in a bucket AND I mess up the words all the time......so those two combinations alone = disaster! Ha! We busted out some Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (which is actually hard to karaoke to BTW), All the Single Ladies (wha-wha!) That Ain't My Truck........Achy Breaky Heart. Seriously, I hadn't laugh that hard since my girls and I went to a cabin in the woods a few months ago!!!! Good times , people! Good times.......