5.25.2012

Thankful Thursday's - My Home Away From Home

So I am day late in posting my Thankful Thursday's post....yesterday I was running a WM marathon - basically seeing how many WM stores I could go into and take pictures and get yelled out for not checking in....

Anyways.

Back to my "thankfulness"

This my friends, is our home away from home.

FBC Bentonville.


When we first became Arkansans, we struggled with finding a church home. We visited countless churches, when the preacher wore denim overalls and we were the youngest people by 60 years (easily 60 years) and we tried large churches that were televised LIVE and small churches and blah blah blah. To be honest, it was very frustrating. We just didn't feel connected.

Occasionally, we would go to FBC with our one and only relative in AR. She begged us to join their church but we really wanted to find one of our own, one we felt like we belong to and not just because we had family there. So we kept looking.....

and kept getting drawn back to FBC....

until it finally clicked. This is where we are supposed to be. And the fact that we have family in this church was just the icing on the cake.

One thing that we LOVE LOVE LOVE about this church is the children's and youth ministries. At the time we were soul searching, we only had fur babies but knew we would eventually have human babies. The children and youth preachers are a-mazing. Not only do they love the Lord and are excellent at what they do, but they both are from OK :)

Another thing that we LOVE LOVE LOVE is our Sunday School. I always thought that SS was meant for kids, adults don't need SS....well, I was totally wrong. The couples that we have met are seriously our families. We watch each other kids, pray for each other, cook for each other, pray some more, worship and talk freely about our sweet Jesus. I honestly could not imagine my life without my group of gals.

If you are not a believer or don't have a church home, you seriously have no idea what you are missing.