5.30.2012

Pre Party Planning

Ok y'all. I have exactly 1 month to plan this little dude's 2nd birthday party! 2! TWO! DOS! DEUX! DUE! DOIS!

How is it even possible that he is almost 2?!!

Pure craziness.

So this little guy loves, lalalalala loves Veggie Tales! So Bob and Larry overkill, here we come. Here are some of my thoughts....I'm still brainstorming and I am open to your ideas!

Food (the most important thing when it comes to parties!)
Other than Parker, there will probably not be another kid at this shin-dig who will eat veggies (Parker eats a tomato like it's an apple - gag!!!!) so all things veggies are out.

BUT what I was thinking was red skittles for tomato's, green skittles for peas, green licorice/sour straws for broccoli, popcorn for cauliflower.....you get the idea.

Cookies
Made by Robin, duh!

Cupcakes...I think this will be easier to handle than a big honkin' cake.

Drinks
H2O and Capri Suns for the little monkeys...easy peasy, eh?

Goody Bags
Hand made coloring books, I'm printing 4-5 printables from here, and staple them in a book and tying up 3-4 crayons with them
Bubbles
Stickers
Candy

Picture Booth (the thing I am MOST excited about!!!!)
Big Bill is going to cut me a big piece a wood. Gal pal Caryn is so creative y'all. SO CREATIVE. She should go into business and I'll be her business manager and we will travel the world! :) Gal pal is painting ol' Bob and Larry on that big piece of wood and we're going to do cut outs on Bob and Larry's faces so the little monkeys can pop their head in there and we take their pictures! Afterward, I'm going to get them developed onto a magnet as a little keepsake. Good idea? I THINK SO!

So that's my brainstorming for today (actually all of that was yesterday while I should have been number crunching - hey sales are up, nothing else needs to be done, right?!) What do y'all think about this so far? Anything else I should add? Believe it or not, I do have a budget (I don't know what exactly that number is but there is a budget!!!) so I'm trying not to get all crazy. But two years old is kind of a big deal, ya know?